Apr 5 '12
20 ways to get more traffic to your website
So….you have put up a new website to promote your product or service. Great! Now, what’s next?
You need to focus on driving traffic to your website. Traffic is the lifeblood of your website. Without it, you will really struggle to get online leads.
Here are 20 creative ways that you can use to get more traffic to your website.
- Write an online press release. If you can come up with a newsworthy online press release, you can submit it to PRWeb.com and get more links pointing to your website. Just make sure that your online press release sounds more like a news story than an advertisement.
- Create a how-to video. If you don’t mind getting in front of a camera, create a series of how-to videos and upload it to Youtube.
- Submit your business to business directories. If your business serves customers locally, then I recommend uploading your business information to business directories like Merchant Circle, Yahoo Local, Google Places and Bing.
- Create regular blog posts. Keep your customers informed of industry trends, new products and services, new staff, etc. Just make sure that your content is worth sharing.
- Hold a contest. Contests can work like gangbusters to get more attention for your business. For instance, a hair salon might hold a contest like an “Extreme Hair Makeover”.
- Write an article. You probably have a goldmine of knowledge in your mind just waiting to be shared with other people.
- Create an E-Book. You can easily group a series of blog posts / articles together, create an E-Book and upload it to various websites like SlideShare.com for more free traffic.
- Create a free e-mail autresponder series. When prospects come to your website, offer them a free special report in exchange for their name & e-mail address.
- Use Google Adwords. Just make sure you have a very compelling ad in Google Adwords.
- Submit a guest post to blogs in your industry. Make sure that you have awesome content in your guest post, though.
- Share your favorite photos on Pininterest. Pininterest is one of the world’s fastest growing social networks. If you have a funny or interesting picture, you could get some attention for your company.
- Use social bookmarking websites. Share your best content on social bookmarking websites like Digg.com and Stumbleupon.
- Do a podcast. You can use the content that you created for a podcast and upload it to various podcasting sites.
- Use Facebook & Twitter. Through posting interesting content & questions on social media sites, you can increase your brand awareness.
- Hold a treasure hunt. Offer a prize to customers who collect the most points.
- Create an e-newsletter. You can use tools like Aweber or Constant Contact to create an e-newsletter that your clients will love.
- Comment on blogs. Make sure that you provide informative and useful feedback on other people’s blogs and make sure yours doesn’t sound like an advertisement.
- Write an article for your local newspaper. You would be surprised at how many reporters might be interested in interviewing you. Also, include a link to your website.
- Review products, software, newsletters, etc. on your blog. Be sure to make it sound like an independent, unbiased opinion.
- Interview experts in your industry. Interviews with other industry experts can prove to be a great way to get more eyeballs to visit your website.